Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

6 1/2 Months

It is hard to believe that we have had Brigz for more than a half a year now. I remember being pregnant at this time last year and wondering what our baby would look like, whether it would be a boy or girl, and trying to imagine life as a mom. A year later, I am totally in love with our crazy little guy and our wild new life as parents!
A little about our life with Brigz now:
  • He is officially only eating from a bottle for 3 out of his 5 feedings a day. The world is just too cool to sit and nurse in a quiet place with mom. It is much more fun to be able to play and look at things while eating. He eats about 6-8 oz at a time.
  • He is eating two solid meals a day of veggies and fruits. His favorites are avocados, but a close second and third are sweet potatoes, mangos, and fresh apples in his food net. He sometimes will eat a lot, and sometimes has no interest in even a single bite. Once again, there are cooler things to do than sit and eat.
  • He wants so stand all the time
  • He can hold his belly off the ground but not for long. He doesnt seem interested in trying to crawl yet. He rolls all over the house so he already pretty mobile!
  • He wants to look behind him a lot. He will go into a back bend to do it!
  • He is still waking up and eating one to two times a night since he was sick. When I go in to check on him, he is STARVING. Like, tries-to-eat-my-face-off starving. So, Im not sure how I am supposed to get rid of the middle of the night feedings. I'm not going to starve my baby, soo.....
  • He has two adorable little teethies. So cute.
  • He can sit all by himself and when he falls over and face plants, he thinks its halarious. He thinks any time he bumps his head or gets hurt is halarious. Im not sure what that means about his personality?!
  • He is bouncing up and down on all fours, but he has a hard time lifting his belly off the ground. He is a crazy roller already so I can't imagine him getting any more mobile. When he does, I am in so much trouble because he is so busy! The doctor asked if his middle name was "busy" because he tried to single handedly destroy her office. haha!
  • Going to eat has become more difficult. He has already dumped a glass of water (I don't know where he gets that from...). And I have started to go to bed a little more tired at night because he is more active, which I LOVE!
  • He is so snuggly and silly! His little personality is sooo funny! He is such a happy guy!
  • He makes funny little noises with him mouth all the time now. One sounds like, "paw" and he opens his mouth wide. I will do it to him and then tell him to do it and he will! He also spits with his tongue on command and will copy a pattern if you smack a surface.
  • We also have been at home for the past three weeks so he is on a great schedule. He takes naps so easy (even though they aren't always super long) and goes to sleep so easy.
I am loving being a mamma! he is my little guy and makes me so happy every day!

No comments: