Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 8, 2011

rough year

Since I got pregnant in November, 2009, it feels like it has been one bad thing after another.
  • At our second ultrasound, the technician and doctor found cysts in Brigz's brain. They told us he could possibly be special needs or even trisomy 18. With lots of prayer, the cysts disapeared by 26 weeks.
  • At 35 weeks prego, i found a cyst in my left breast. After an ultrasound, a team of specialists determined i had a tumor/cyst that looked like cancer. They scheduled a biopsy and we prepared for it to put me into labor, which was likely. It didnt, and thank goodness, it turned out to be a lactating adnoma that needs to be watched annually.
  • At 39.5 weeks prego, the toughest 6 days of my life arrived. My water broke but it was a high and small slit (we think) so the triage teams and doctors did not believe me. At the same time, my body was "failing to progress". So my baby and body contracted for 6 full days in terrible, terrible pain before an angel of a doctor saved our baby just in time before he ran out of fluid. I am still so bothered about this. Just the other day, corey and i were watching "One born every minute", corey thought this baby;s umbilical was "huge" when it looked normal to me. I asked if Brigzy's looked different and he said his was like a "collapsed pencil". That gives me the chills. God is good though, and our little guy was a fighter.
  • At 8 wks old, brigz was diagnosed with GERD.
  • At 8 months, he has had 3 ear infections, eye infections, countless bouts with croup, and the possible diagnosis of asthma.
  • annndddd now, i brake my stinkin arm. I cant rock my baby, feed him easily, pick him up, wash my hair, brush my hair, do up my own pants, or put on shoes.It doesnt even hurt, yet i have this massive thing on my arm! I have tried hard to be a trooper, but i am starting to get very frustrated. We have unreal hospital bills still from Brigz and now this. We were working so hard at becoming debt-free, and it doesnt look like that will be as soon as we thought. 
There are my complaints and now im done! haha! Im giving all my worries up to God!

1 comment:

Maddie said...

Never feel guilty about venting frustration. Sometimes everything you have endured over a long period of time builds up on you and it can feel over whelming or like you just need to let it out. Micah is a fussy, refluxy baby, who we just recently figured out also has thrush. I was spoiled with his big bro in every way. Just know that everyone will experience hardships and I think it's the hard things in life that we endure that really does make us stronger. It's hard to know what the future holds but God has a plan. I'm glad he was looking out for your boy and that you avoided the unbearable.

I also hope your arm heals quickly. I always say I need a third arm so having one less arm would really be difficult!