Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Everything is slowly coming together and things are starting to feel more real! Every morning Corey asks me if he is going to meet his son today and it gives me goosebumps! Thinking of actually meeting him is so surreal. I can't picture what the moment will be like at all! I am not as anxious about the whole birth part as I thought I would be. I remember freaking out waiting for my nephew and neice!! Now for my own baby, I feel really calm and just happy :) I dream of kissing his cheeks and smelling his sweet skin! Seeing Corey with him makes me the most excited!

I have a lot of nerves about labor since we took our birthing class. I am really going to try to go natural. Of coarse, EVERYONE has an opionion when I tell them that. If they went natural themselves, they get a sense of pride like we are about to be in the same clug. If they didn't, they seem like they have very strong reasons why they didn't and they try to convince me to get one. I don't understand why they get mad!!?? 

I know Corey is going to be a great birth coach. In class, he is the only one who asks questions and really tries to figure out what I am going to want when I am in immense pain!! However, if I am being mean or cannot relax, he is supposed to tell me to GET A STINKIN EPIDURAL!! If I have to get induced, I will get an epidural because my doctor induces with pitocin which causes terrible contractions. 

So our classes are over, our pre-registration is in, the car is detailed (thanks to my amazing brother in law that did it for us randomly), we know where we need to go when I go into labor, our carpets are shampooed, the house is super clean, now we just have few obstacles :( I took my state board written exam today (92% baby!) and I take my practical on monday. I have to stand for the whole thing and it will take about 3-4 hours!!! If I need to potty (which I will about 10 times in that time span), it comes out of my testing time. So hopefully it goes smoothly! God is getting lots of prayer requests for this! 

But the worst part... the part that makes me so sad is that Corey has to be out of town for the WHOLE WEEK before my due date :( It would easy to just be mad at his boss, but well, it is my daddy and I know he would not make him work that far away if he didn't have to do. There is no one else that is licensed to work at this job and Corey at least has to make an effort to be there. He will be six hours away and hard to reach during the day. So PLEASE say lots of prayers that Brigz comes on or after his due date so that Corey can be here! 

Other than that, life is great. Corey and I are trying to enjoy our last Corey/Abbey time before there are three of us. This makes me really sad thinking about. I am so happy to start a family, but I know that things will never be the same. Since we have an amazing marriage/friendship/love, it makes me sad that it will change. But I know that as long as we keep God in the middle of us, it will change for the better! I am excited to see what that change will be! Life is crazy!  

3 comments:

Phillip & Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phillip & Megan said...

h abbey i am so excited for you guys. there is nothing like the whole experience. it is so wonderful, natural or not it is the most wonderful time for a husband and wife. i will be praying for you guys! i know you will do great either way!!!

The Philipbars said...

i love your blog...i feel like i know you guys so well even though we've only met a couple of times=) im excited for yall...meeting your baby is the best most undescribable feeling ever! we will def. pray that Brigz hangs in there for corey.