So first of all, I would like to announce Mr. Brigz Foster Bell.
Born at 3:08 AM on July 27th, 2010
5 lbs. 8 oz. and 20 in. long
We CANNOT quit kissing this little man! He is the most precious thing I have ever seen in my life! He is so sweet! We are in heaven!
So where to start off about the labor!? Last week has to be the most frustrating, scary, and yet blessed week of my life. Getting on here and seeing the other posts I had made just make me so mad because of the way it was handeled. I am going to start where I left off on Monday and say I definately did not have predromal labor. It might have made me feel better, but we would have been lucky to have that. It turns out that I was in real labor the whole time.
My contractions got down to every three minutes on Monday for three hours before they lunged back out to ten minutes. The ten minute contractions were so brutal I thought my body was ripping in half. They lasted 2+ minutes and I was just trapped in bed screaming and crying with no way to breathe through them or calm myself down. Corey called the doctor on call out out of complete desperation. THANK THE GOOD LORD the doctor was Dr. Dondate. After Corey explained everything, he said that labor was not a set thing (unlike all the other doctors that seemed to think it had to be only one way) and to bring me in if my pain was that severe. I was so scared to go in and have them be mean once again and send us home that I was thinking of just waiting until the next morning for my check up with Dr. Garcia. Corey made the decision after talking to my sister who told us that if a doctor was finally willing to help us, we need to go for it.
We got to triage and the nurse was not very sweet to say the least. She started telling me that I wasn't in real labor yet. My sister said this was not normal and the lady said it was very normal and she had been doing it for 18 yrs. My sister got a little fiesty and said she had two babies and neither went like this. My contractions were close together on the monitor, but weren't showing up very strong at all compared to all the pain. The babies heart rate started to do something funny and the doctor came in. They couldn't figure it out, but it was going down to 45 beats per minute... not good at all. He brought in an ultrasound machine and looked at my tiny belly that looked about 6 months at this point (I had lost 7 pounds in four days and my belly looked really funny). He got really worried and said my baby was out of water. He said we needed to do a c section because the baby couldn't handle labor. It was a huge relief for me then knowing we could get to see our little guy and I wanted him out of there to be safe in our arms.
To make a long story short, he was born that morning completely anhydramnios - completely without water. It is extremely rare and most babies do not live through it. Thank goodness we didn't wait until the next morning for my apt because they said he wouldn't have made it. He had to be born in his sac because he was saran wrapped into it. I get the chills thinking of this now. My water had broke I think about a week ago on wednesday when i started to have normal contractions. I asked them to check for it and i guess it didn't show up. I continued to ask at my appointments and the five calls I made into triage. I guess nobody wanted to believe me. There was a leak in the top of the sac and so I still felt like I had water because it was still there by his head. That is why our little guy is so skinny... he was in stress for one week. He heart rate was dipping because the umbilical cord was getting squished and compromising his oxygen and nutrients. I was having pain because there was no more cushion and his head bones were litterally on my pelvic bones and every time I had a contraction it would shove him down farther.
Needless to say, I cannot talk about this without getting really upset that out of seven doctors, only one listened. It is really frustrating that no one listened to me and we could have lost our baby. So all you about-to-be-mommies out there need to stand up for yourself if you feel like something is wrong. I didn't and I could have lost our little guy.
Our little boy had angels with him that kept him fighting for one week. We are so blessed he his here and is completely healthy. He is our little miracle baby and I can't thank God enough for letting us be his parents. He is one loved little baby and we can't get enough of him!







1 comment:
hey abbs, im so sorry u had to go through this...that kenny chesney song fits him perfect..alive and well... i cant think of the name...
I spoke with shelby on fb and she told me the story and it angered me to no end... due to Pres I have a daughter who has facial paralysis which i posted a blog about... just angers me that you could have lost that baby boy all due to idiots whom feel or think all labor is the same....NO...NO ONE KNOWS THEIR BODY BETTER THEN THEM SELVES... Yeah pain level is extreme once water breaks and i dont understand why they did not test the fluid...?? also why did they not do an us sooner.... well all that set a side congrats to u and corey on the birth of a beautiful healthy baby boy... you sound so happy and just makes me smile for you... god bless the bell family of 3 and he is a gift of perfection sent straight from heaven....love ya, jamie
Post a Comment