Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back on the map

Well I am finally back.... it has been quit a trip while away from Bloggerville. I have a lot of catch up to do on what has been going on in the life of the Bells.
  • Christmas was AMAZING and so much more fun than I ever even thought it would be with a 5 month old. Even though he didn't totally 'get' the idea of Christmas, he loved the paper and was in the best mood ever! He never even fussed or cried all day. Seriously! My in laws came in for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning and it was the first Christmas ever that Corey and I woke up at our own house since we have been married. Waking up on christmas morning to a new baby has to be the best present from God ever! aaannndddddd.... Brigz started sleeping through the night the week before Christmas and through the next week which was awesome!
  • On New Years, we ventured to Clovis to spend time with Corey's side. New years eve was so fun and of coarse we stayed up late. Mr. Brigz decided to be a party animal and stay up all night also... after two weeks of wonderful sleep, a sleepless night felt really rough! We had a great weekend. Monday Corey was supposed to go out of town, so Shelley and I decided that Brigz and I were going to stay in Clovis so we could spend more time with the family. On Wednesday night, Brigz caught croup... again. Yes that is the 3rd time he has had it. I literally slept 15 minutes. Poor baby. He just cried and cried. Thank goodness for my mother in law who helped me so much. The next day we came back to ABQ and spent a few more sleepless nights.
  • I took him to the doctor who explained what is going on with our little guy. Since he has GERD, his esophagus is inflamed more often which makes him more prone to respiratory sickness. He is also more mucous-y so he has more a chance of catching every little thing that comes his way. Since he keeps getting croup, they are worried he might have an issue with his bronchial tubes... possibly pre-asthmatic. He also was cutting two teeth at once and had a bad ear infection. All this equals a very fussy baby :( So now two weeks, an antibiotic, two breathing treatments a day, lots of baby orajel, and one little tooth later, we are doing much better! Now if tooth number 2 would hurry and get here, we would be in better shape!!
  • We went back to Clovis this past weekend and it went smoother! there are quit a few things I have learned in the past three weeks:
    • Brigz likes his routine, his bed, and his house, very much. I always wanted a baby that would go with the flow and be okay with staying out late and traveling. Brigz likes a bath a 7 and to be asleep at 7:30 pm in his own crib. Otherwise, mama is not gonna get much sleep.
    • Abbey and Brigz need daddy. Life without him makes both of us grumpy butts. I give single moms so much credit. Even though my daddy taught me how to do things on my own and be tough, my life relies on Corey. If a light bulb goes out, I am like, "crap, Corey needs to fix that". haha! Simply put, I have an awesome hubby who happens to be the best daddy ever too :)
    • The world is to exciting to nurse from mom. Brigz has decided unless the room is completely silent, there are no bright lights or ceiling fans, and mom doesn't have to sneeze or cough, he wants nothing to do with me! Therefore, the breastpump has had to become my friend... and I am not too happy about it. But you do what you gotta do. Since I had the cyst scare last June in my breast, I am supposed to nurse for 12 months to decrease my risk of breast cancer. So it looks like the pump better become my BEST friend quick. bummer.
    • My baby is only happy in ABQ. When we go to Clovis, he is a grump. It makes me so sad because everyone probably thinks our kid is cranky. He seriously can go a whole day without getting upset here and he will not quit crying when we are in Clovis :( it probably goes hand in hand with not sleeping much.
    • And I have learned that six months goes by way too fast!!! next week, our little guys will be six months old. I can't beleive it! I am so glad God blessed us with him and with a good doctor that brought him here because if we would have lost him in July, our life would not be filled with the joy of him!
I am going to be better about blogging now that life won't be as hectic. I am grateful for our healthy boy!

p.s. I am selling kalencom diaper bags for 20% off if anyone wants one, let me know!

No comments: