Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Today is one of those days. The conditions today are just not right. First of all, I miss Corey. Then, little man didn't sleep very well last night... AGAIN (I'll get to this later). Then, the sun isn't out today which always makes for a gloomy day. AND, all these things lead to me pondering our next step.... which is a usual occurance. On Mondays I usually go to my moms and help her watch my neice and nephew. We have fun, I get to get out of the house, I get to wear sweats all day, and Brigz is entertained by Mason so it is a good transition day from the wekend. Well  McKenna is sick with possible strep so we are staying home. I tried to get out of the house, but man, we are both too tired and mommies who are in zombie status should not go out into public.

Since Brigz had his major bout with croupe and an ear infection a couple weeks ago, sleep has been an issue. He is cutting tooth #2 and is having a crazy growth spurt right now and is eating every 1.5-2 hours. A combo of being spoiled, lack of a consistent schedule with Corey out of town, plus tooth and growth spurt, has made for a non-sleeping baby and mama. We have had probably two or three good nights of sleep in the past three week. And they still weren't great nights. Now in the past few days, his every 3 hour nap schedule has turned into one long nap and one or two ten minute cat naps. I have no clue. It is 3:00 pm and still no nap for the little guy today. We have slept the same amount and I am exhausted so I have no clue how that little body is still goin! So my plans of P90X and a nap for myself are looking not too good right now. He isn't cranky or upset, so I shouldn't complain except for that I am cranky and upset! haha!

So about the whole "next step" idea. Ugghhh life is so much more complicated than I thought it would be when I was 8 years old with plans to be a dentist, live in texas, and have lots of babies with an adorable hubby. The only thing that has panned out from my dreams as a kid is the hubby part. He is my prince :) And we made an absolutely perfect baby boy who is our whole world. So really, the rest doesn't matter at all and thank God for unanswered prayers! I am so glad I am not in dental school right now because I know that wasn't me. But where Corey and I get frustrated is figuring out when/ where our next step is going to be. Our pastor said, "You learn more in the waiting rooms of life than you do when you get to where you were waiting for." I know that we are learning something right now and I am loving every minute of our life, but I seriously don't want to live in this track home any longer!!!

So please keep us in your prayers for more zzz's and for "the next step" because our lease is up in May!!

No comments: