Holy Guacamole, we have been married 3 whole years!! Time flies when you are having fun! If you don't already know it, here is the story of Mr. Crazy Corey Bell and me :)
When I was fifteen years old, I was in Denver, Colorado for a horse bowl contest with 4-H. Corey was there for a livestock judging contest. I have known one of Corey's best friends Kevin Burns since I was little from showing horses and he was in Denver with Corey. Kevin introduced us and Corey shook my hand, winked at me, and told me he was going to marry me. Awww, how sweet... or totally creepy which is more of what I was thinking! We ended up spending a lot of time together that weekend and ended up kissing...oooooohhhhh la la ;) We said goodbye and I never thought I would see him again.
For six months, I always thought about him. I also knew he was serious trouble! He would randomly call me, and we always seemed to miss each other when I came through for a volleyball tournament or he came through for judging. After six months, we met up again at 4-H State Conference in Las Cruces.... and it was total cheeseball from then on out. Yes, it was love at 2nd sight. Yes, I couldn't spend two seconds away from him. Yes, he was still big trouble. But good trouble :) That goodbye was a whole lot harder. I ended up crying my whole way back to Albuquerque not knowing when I would see him again. Turns out, I saw him three days later in Tucumcari. We ended up seeing eachother at least every other weekend for the next 2 years.
After his senior year, he went to South Plains for college in Texas... an extra 1.5 hours away. bummer. But we still made it work. The next year, I went to Texas Tech so we could be together. It was awesome finally being together!... and pretty fun too!!!
Then we got engaged and it was the happiest moment of my life until that point :) We planned our dream wedding and had a blast. We wanted everyone to just have fun... and I'm pretty sure all our friends did! Too much fun maybe?? No, not possible. haha!

After four amazing years in Lubbock, we decided to come to Albuquerque. We don't why we did either other than amazing family. After living here a year, we got one of these:
and then one of these:
So, so far we have been dating since 2003 and married since 2008. And life is amazing. I am one of those people who never quits talking about their husband, and makes every one gag. I am so glad I married the person who makes me laugh every day. I am so blessed to have the best husband ever. We may not be exactly where we thought we would be, but we thank God for that. We have an awesome little boy and so many blessings. I thank God for him every day. I am pretty sure he is the one who hung the moon :)







No comments:
Post a Comment