Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Long Boat Key, Florida, Moriarty, NM (aka "The Ranch"), and Misc.

So we are finally settled in our new place. Awwhhhhhh. I feels good for it to finally feel a little more like home. It took extra long to get to this stage for a few reasons. We are renting a house from a friend that Corey grew up showing steers with his kids. It is across the street from the guy and all Corey's cows. We are leasing the land they are grazing on. They are awesome people and we are excited that God answered our prayers and let us find a place that we can "test out" to see if we like living this far from Albuquerque. ANYWAYS it took longer to move in because the guy's son was still living in it and was remodeling a house with fire damage. It ended up taking a lot longer to get it done, and in fact it still isn't done. He is living off of a generator right now, which I feel really bad about! But we had to be out of our other house!!! We had one weekend and five days to paint, fix a bunch of stuff, clean, and move both houses. It was rough. We used to say that we were never moving again until we can afford professional movers. I still stand by that. But we survived!

Five days after moving in, we headed off to Long Boat Key for our family's annual beach trip. It was amazing.
Walking at sunset with Briggy Man
My two favorite boys :)
Cutie Patutie
Amazing Sunset

We had a week of total vegging. We ate more food than imaginable. Ice cream. Enteman's donuts. Peanut butter M&Ms. Everything. But it was still awesome. I was worried because last years trip was a bit crazy with a 7 week old. This trip was so much more relaxing because Brigz could play in the sand and with Mason and McKenna.  My grandparent's condo is so great for the kiddos because it goes right out to a pool and then the ocean. Brigz liked the pool some days and the ocean other days. We are oh so spoiled and blessed and we appreciate every second of it. 

Then we came home and have been going non-stop to get the house together. I am more anxious than other moves because it goes so much slower with a baby. I count on Corey getting home to get too big of stuff done. Here are a few before and after pictures of the extra bedroom/office and our master bedroom.

Master before (with the owner's son's stuff in it)...

...and after.


another view

Extra bedroom/ office before...

...and after

My great grandma's old cross stitch holder-thingies

Book case

Brigz's room is done, but I haven't taken pictures yet. It came out so good. It went from hot pink to more of a boys room. It is a lot bigger and he likes it so far :)

The best part of our new house is the back porch. We have all grass surrounding the house and not a house close to us. The back of our house is open rolling hills. We have a big porch that blocks off the famous Moriarty wind and we have eaten dinner out there almost ever night. It is perfect. So quiet and so us. We love it.

Also.... our little man turned 10 months old! I can't beleive it!!! It goes by sooooo wayyyyyy too fast! Here are a few things that he is up to:
  • He is a wild animal crawler. Sometimes he crawls normal, but most of the time it is one leg up or both legs up like a bear crawl. He only crawls to get to furniture that he can walk on. He holds onto walls and walks through our house.
  • He is crazy. I have been around a lot of babies his age and even worked in a day care, and he is one of wildest kids I have ever seen. He like to bang his head on things and he thinks it is halarious. He can't sit still for two seconds. If he gets stuck to where he can't get around something, he will scream bloody murder until we help him.
  • He is trying to walk. He will hold one hand or any object he can, but he is scared to take steps on his own. He has let go a couple of times, but won't move. I am okay with that :) He is going to be a holy terror when he is more mobile than he is now :)
  • He says dad, daddy, dog, hi, mama (but doesn't associate it with me yet), nana, yaya, lala, and has mimicked us a couple of times. It scares me! he has said thank you, love you, and cross.
  • He wants to be outside. all. the. time.
  • Bella and Mason are his best friends.
  • He is so mamma attached right now. I am soaking it in because I know he will one day only want daddy. 
  • He still hates food. I am lucky if he take 5 bites of real food a day. I have tried EVERYTHING. He eats our food and every other brand of baby food ever made, and he just isn't interested. He lives on milk, yogurt melts, and gerber cheetos. He sucks on watermelon, banana, grapes, and any other fruit but spits it out once he has the juice out of it. He is a little skinny butt, but the doctor said to just keep trying and he will tell you when he is hungry. 
  • Because of his non-eating, he is still eating 2 times at night. He eats around 4 oz. and gulps them down. 
  • He is the sweetest, silliest, cutest, happiest, funniest, and best little thing I have ever had :) Corey and I are in heaven with him.  
In the meantime right now, I am soaking up every second of the Casey Anthony trial I can. I am obsessed!

Life is good. A new chapter has opened and so far it is great. God has given us so many things to be thankful for.


No comments: