It's crazy how in life, there are only a few moments that are life changing. Hopefully, all for the better. The moments that stand out to me are when I left for college, married my best friend, and then baby Bell #1 and #2. They were life altering decisions. All for the better, of coarse :)
This past week was amazing. One week ago from tomorrow, I held my baby girl in my arms. It was amazing.
We had to be at the hospital at 5:30am. I was nervous, but it wasn't until I got my IV that I really started to have anxiety! When I had Brigz it was an emergency. We needed to get that baby out. Plus, I had been contracting for 6 days so it was a relief to actually get admitted! So this time I felt like each step was drawn out and I had time to take in each moment. From the bright light of the OR to the feeling of the spinal slllooowwwlllyyy affecting my each inch of my body. Once I was numb and they started, everything went to smooth. They found lots of scar tissue and a staple from my last. C section... Which made for a little extra bruising and shaking of my body during the surgery.
At 8:27am my baby girl was screaming her head off! Hearing my babies cry for the first time is so amazing. Since I can't see them right away, that noise Is filled with relief and anticipation to hold them and soothe them! I was able to see her and kiss her cheek before they took her off.
Corey then went with her and introduced her to Brigz and the rest of the family before I was ever even able to hold her. I finally got to hold her an hour later in recovery and nurse her immediately. I was so sick from the morphine though and spent the day with her in one arm and a pink bucket in the other. I busted a few staples and got myself pretty sore while I was still medicated! But I would do it a million times over for my baby.
The stay in the hospital was wonderful as it was with Brigz. She slept great and ate great and I felt full of energy and happy. It was so difficult being away from my little buddy though. He would come see us but didnt understand it all and I just wanted to pick him up and love on him so bad.
Coming home was strange! Both babies were asleep and Corey and I watched a movie! Chaos struck at about 10pm when exhaustion struck and our little girl was wide awake playing tag with her brother on getting up! We made it and it ended up being a pretty restful night!
Since we have been home, I have to say I feel like I am on cloud 9. She is just a little sweetie. She only fusses when she is hungry or if you change her diaper with cold hands. So we haven't heard her cry much. She gets sleepy around seven thirty so I feed her at seven (as well as all day long... She loves to eat!) and put her down at seven thirty awake. She falls asleep with no fuss. I am still freaked out by this. I spoiled Brigz so bad that he could skip a half a breath before I was holding him and usually putting a boob in his mouth!
I am feeling great! After the morphine finally wore off, I didn't want to take anything else (if you know me, you know I don't even take a Tylenol for a headache). I took ibuprofen until I got home. Yesterday I didn't take any and it was a wake up call! I realized I had been doing way too much and need to slow down a bit. Other than being sore and my incision being a little weird and painful from busting staples, I feel so good. I have already dropped most my weight but looking in the mirror at my belly and booty are still a scary thing!!
Brigz has been doing so good! He hasn't seemed to be jealous at all. He definitely doesn't understand his own strength and body weight and why on earth he can't lay on her and snuggle with her like he does with us. We realize now how rough we have always played with him. But as long as we talk things through before he touches her, he does awesome. I miss my time with him and us being buds, but we will get there again.
Corey has been a rock star. He took on all briggy duties as well as chores around the house. He took up drinking coffee which I am so excited for! He now gets my love for a drink that helps you get things done twice as fast! I love his amazing relationship with briggy and how he looks at Raleigh. I know he is just going to melt over that little girl and we are all in trouble!
As I'm writing this, they are both sleeping and I can't help but feel so blessed. The love I have for them is unreal. Sitting at home with our now family of four is the biggest rush ever. I love my husband so much and I can't believe god has trusted us to take care and raise these two precious angels. We are so blessed:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment