Soooooo, If I haven't talked about it enough, I will say it again. Brigz is not a good sleeper. At all. He was until around 5 months and for some reason with teething and sickness, it all went down the tubes. YES I have read babywise and allll the other books written on sleep. The problem is me, not him. I am a giant, big ol' fat mush about letting him fuss or cry. It all started in the hospital. After we almost lost him, i didn't want him to ever go through any more suffering. I remember him fussing in the bassinet and getting soooo stressed that something was bothering him! Fast forward 9 months and he wants to be with me. all. the. time. I don't even like to hear him get uncomfortable in his crib.
I am also obsessed with reading. Which usually does more harm than good. I think there is sometimes too much research out there and it can be overwhelming. I want to do what is best for Brigz, but what do you do when the "right" thing so different for everyone? But lately I have been so much on sleep because I am so tired. The big thing about "sleep training" or "night weaning" is they all say to start it if exhaustion is affecting your house. It is. I am a zombie. Right now Brigz acts so hungry at night and since he such a skinny minny I don't want to deny him. However, he is 9 months old. He should not still be getting hungry at night. So Corey and I have decided to try to cut him down to 1 feeding at night for a couple weeks and then hopefully get rid of that. But we are moving in the middle of this, so we will see how that goes! The plan is to (sigh) let him cry a little. 3 min, then 5 min, then 10 min periods until he falls back to sleep on his own. I know he is going to have a heart attack. He has the craziest cry ever because he never has to cry :) mamma does what he needs. when he needs it. or ever a couple seconds before he needs it.
So here is the progress:
Night one of night training-
7:30 pm: asleep
10:30 pm: Daddy went in to soothe
1:35 am: Brigz awake screaming his head off for mamma. I sent hubbster in to give him his bink. Turns out, he had peed through a diaper and his sleeper was soaked. We got him changed and tried to sing him back to sleep (still haven't picked him up yet).
2:00 am: sleep training hit failure. I rocked, nursed, everything I wasn't supposed to! He was so sad :(
6:30 am: wide awake!!??? what the heck??? he has been sleeping since 9am!!
..oy
Night 2:
8:00pm: asleep
12:00 am: up and starving... so I fed him after trying to soothe for 15 minutes.
6:30am: up for the day. Not amazing, but the longest stretch of sleep I have had in MONTHS! I even have a crick in my neck because I am not used to sleeping in one spot for that long.
Say your prayers for the Bells. I love that little baby more than anything and I feel like there is a reason my heart hurts when he cries! But we need some balance. I am a better mamma when I have had more sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
you are such a good mommy!! It is so hard to know what to do when there are a bazillion things out there about "whats right", I never thought it would be so hard!! Good luck with the sleep training!!!
I know exactly how you feel! I had to leave Tanner in the NICU for 11 days and so I feel like I missed out and that he suffered without me! I jump at his slightest cry too! I tried "cry it out" and lasted maybe 3 minutes before I was crying too! It breaks my heart to hear him cry! Tan is the same age and I still have to nurse him twice, on a bad night three times at night! I am exhausted and like you have read everything imaginable! It sucks to say this,but I am glad I am not alone in having a demanding baby lol! Good luck and if you have any tips I would love to hear them!
Post a Comment