Well I have to say, so far so good! The Bells are officially getting some sleep! It pretty much took 4 nights and hopefully it sticks... keep your fingers crossed.
Night 4-
8:00 asleep
11:00 wide awake
soooo.... we let him cry. It was awful. Brutal. I sat outside his room and cried. He threw some serious fits. He chucked his pacifier, kicked his legs, punched his little arms, stood up and screamed "hi Dadda" (which broke my heart), and everything he could think of. For ONE SOLID HOUR. I almost had a heart attack. Then, he rolled over, put his pacifier in his mouth, and fell asleep! He was still hyperventalating, and I was still crying, so i went in and loved on him once he was out cold. Hardest hour of my life. But he didn't wake up again until 6:30!
Night 5-
7:30 asleep
2:00 ate and back to sleep
8:00 up for the day
I would call it a success
Night 6-
He took a late nap so I was worried about how the night was going to go. But he started acting tired around 7:30 so i started his bed time routine any ways.
8:00 he didn't go down while rocking but was so tired so i put him in his crib.
He cried for 5 minutes and then went to sleep.
3:00 woke up to eat
8:00 up for the day
I would call it another success!
I have noticed that since he is only eating once at night, he has been SOOO much hungrier during the day! Hallelujah! He now downs 2 jars of baby food a day and big bowl of cereal at night. If you know Brigz, this is huge! We are used to 1-3 bites of food at each feeding.
Also, he seems more content during the day. Well, besides all he falls and bumps and bangs. He is so close to walking, but still has a few issues, aka wipe outs. He looks like Rocky right now with a beat up forehead, a black eye, and a busted lip. Poor baby :( I promise you don't need to report me to CPS... spend 1 minute with my wild animal and you will see why he is so beat up! Our doctor said he is one of the busiest babies he has ever seen. She has been a pediatrician since before I was born. Great. I will have no reason to not be the skinniest mamma out there!
All in all- life is amazing! I had the best Mother's day with my boys and my family. I feel so much more rested! Life is good, God is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment