Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fried rice, Oreos, and Lox Bagels...

So before I got pregnant, I researched everything from cravings to morning sickness and how to avoid all things terrible during pregnancy.  I thought maybe I'd be different and master pregnancy. So far I have done really well at keeping my hunger down and not eating any more than I was but just more often to avoid the sudden starvation that pregnancy seems to do. I also try to eat a little protein every time I get dizzy which really works.  One thing I read was that cravings are usually when your body is needing something that is in that food. Well how can you explain double stuffed Oreos? Or fried rice? Maybe a salmon bagel I can understand.

We went to Wal-mart the other night and I swear I HAD TO HAVE OREOS. Like the most intense "have to" I have ever had! I called my mom and of coarse she gave the best motherly advice ever an said, "If that baby wants oreos you give it to that baby now!" So I let myself have five one night and three the next and thankfully my family ate the rest :) Then yesterday I NEEDED to have fried rice and a lox bagel ASAP. That is all I think about until I get it! I resisted until today but got a bagel this morning and for some reason the fried rice craving went away with it... weird. Maybe I did need something from both. Either way, I am not superwomen at pregnancy than I thought I would be!

By the way, baby bell is the size of a raspberry this week (well for a few more days)!

No comments: