Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Week 6: Such a Sweet Pea!

So you are the size of a pea this week!

According to Babycenter (thanks to Kayla for that!) this is how our little is growing:
This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.
And this is how it look in my tummy:

Pretty crazy!! We are so excited! We have started telling people because I'm pretty sure anyone who has talked to Corey and all of Clovis knows! Which is fine because I know everything will be fine. I just really want to see its heart beat to be totally sure! December 11th is our first official apt with our new OB and hopefully I will feel a lot better about everything!
As of now, I feel really good still! I have heard that week seven is when people usually get sick so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm not one of those people! The only thing that I can obviously feel is my EXTREME tiredness and my continuous, rediculous bathroom trips! Holy cow, I had no idea that happened so early!
Well I'll leave you with Corey's names he has picked out for our little sweet pea:
Boy: D'Brickeshaw Noshawn Makushka Bell
Girl: D'Brickeshante Noshawna Makushaka Bell
Don't worry! I'll keep him for the birth certificate!

No comments: